We felt connected to the process as Aaron transparently guided us through each stage. We were always aware of budget and schedule.
When you build with Character Living, you deal directly with the the builder himself - from the initial conversations right through to completion. Any queries are handled promptly and you have peace of mind knowing the builder is onsite every day overseeing all works with a team of skilled professionals.
We create lasting relationships with our clients due to our open and collaborative approach to the building process.
We are transparent with all aspects of the build, from budget to timelines, meaning no unexpected surprises. Honesty and integrity are key to our process that ensures the finished product is exactly what our clients have set out to achieve. Here is how the process works:
SCOPE OF WORKS
- We meet up to discuss your requirements for your new home or renovation
- This is an obligation free chat that can be on-site or somewhere else you are comfortable to meet
- Prior to this initial catch up we encourage you to have a Site Survey prepared, which we can arrange for you if required
- If you would like Character Living to assist you with designing your home we will arrange a consultation with our Designer who will prepare some Initial Sketches
- We will discuss the type of finishes and inclusions you would like, plus any ideas you might have
- This part of the process is where we have the ability to alter aspects to suit your budget and requirements relatively easily before we progress to more detailed plans
- We will then present you with an Estimate Cost
- This figure is based on the Initial Sketches and is only an indication of cost, as factors such as council approvals and any future changes to the design or finishes can affect the final contract price
- If you are happy with Estimate Cost and wish to proceed with the proposed build or renovation we will prepare a Preliminary Preparation on Plans Agreement
- This agreement covers off who will be responsible for each element required prior to applying for the Building Permit such as structural engineering, energy efficiency reports, relevant insurance, Certification of Plans, Water Corporation applications etc
- We will then draft a detailed Budget outlining all the inclusions for the build
- We always meet with you to go through this document in person and answer any questions you may have
- Our designer will then create Plans for Council
- We will then work with the council on Planning Approvals if required
- If any changes need to be made to the plans to receive approval, we repeat this step with you and the Designer until your plans are approved
- Once the plans are approved, we begin the application process for a Building Permit
- With the Planning Approval complete, and the Building Permit process under way the designer will commence the Working Drawings.
- These plans are highly detailed and are what the Builder, Engineer and tradespeople reference when constructing your home
- Once the Working Drawings are complete we will prepare a fixed price Contract based on the final details in these plans
- This will clearly list all the inclusions of your home as well as other important details
- We only use HIA contracts and documents to ensure the most professional standards are in place when it comes to entering into a contract
- The Character Living Team will then commence the onsite works on your home
- We encourage our clients to visit as much as they like to follow the progress
- We are always open to changes along the way and value client feedback as we progress on the journey together
- We much prefer to address any queries as we go, rather than after an element is complete
- Upon completion, the team at Character Living ensure every aspect is finished off to the highest standard, so you can begin enjoying your new home straight away